Saturday, January 15, 2011

Be Moved



I find this trailer incredibly compelling, especially the line at the 0:37 mark. The line is from Norman Foster, whose work is the subject of the film:

Architecture works in terms of all the senses....and if you like, the spiritual dimension, which is rooted in all of the senses, and which you can't measure, but you know it's there. It moves you. It moves your spirit.

We are co-creators with God (Gen 1.28); made with intention, and when we participate in the things that move us, that move our spirit, we are tapping into what it means to be most fully human. 

The trailer led me to ask myself: Am I participating in things that move me? In things that envelop more than just my senses, but my soul as well? 

When we are doing those things, we are in harmony with both the Creator and creation, and those are the moments when the world is the most beautiful.

2 comments:

Charlie's Church of Christ said...

if this message were coming from anyone but you I'd likely take it as a "you're not good enough, you're not doing enough" kind of thing.

Brandon said...

Interesting. Really going to process posts like these to avoid that message. Thanks Charlie.